domingo, 16 de marzo de 2014

Dia 19 - Day 19 - Kindness.

My thoughts are clear, but might be hard to put them in words. Here is my best try to convey the conclusions I've reached on my meditation on kindness:

I am starting to understand that what I want is not always the best for every one. 

Although I do deserve the best and I am free to do what I please, what I want is not always the best for everyone. I am starting to understand that things are beyond the scope of my immediate perception. 

What I believe is right might not please others.

I am certain that very often I will be in the difficult position of making a decision that might affect others in one way or another. I remember taking a vow, during an initiation, to always act in accordance to the higher good and in the direction of light. I do deem this vow very important. I will know what is right from within, "with a peace within my heart" as someone recently taught me. What I believe is right, might not please others, but if I am to live by my principles it will be impossible to please everyone.

Part of living is making mistakes. As the man I believe I am, I must have the willingness to live with the weight of my mistakes. Not as punishment or with a negative connotation. Doing what I think is right, or what I want, might be proven wrong in time. It is my responsibility to accept the consequences of my decisions and to humbly appreciate the valuable lessons my mistakes will represent. I am certain however, that if I am to live in the direction of light and seeking peace within my heart, my decisions will never result in regret.

I have recently decided to embrace honesty, simplicity and a sincere interest for the understanding of others. Living towards the light and for the greater good will often need my personal interests to be out of the question. I might be required to let my ego aside, to see the big picture, to allow the wellbeing of others before my own. "To have a consideration of the welfare of others." These are the ideals I want to live by. This for me, is the meaning of kindness. 

L.L.L.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario